Allison Kierman – Kierman Law
Estate Planning Attorney
After practicing law in the Phoenix area for more than a decade, Allison L. Kierman founded Kierman Law, to offer personalized service to her clients. Allison concentrates her practice on guiding families through the wills, trusts, and estate process and probate litigation.
Before starting Kierman Law, Allison was a partner in a successful law firm, providing a broad range of legal services to business owners across the country. She has been named a Southwest Rising Star by Super Lawyers, a designation given to the top 2.5% of lawyers in Arizona or New Mexico who are either forty years old or younger or have practiced law for ten years or less.
Allison was kind enough to give me some of her precious time to explain…
- What estate planning and a basic trust is all about.
- Why you may need a trust.
- How you might have your estate administered to best suit each family member’s needs.
- When a DIY trust kit is sufficient and when it’s wise to hire an experienced attorney.
- What is probate and is it as bad as some people make it out to be.
- How trust and probate laws differ from state to state.
- Why it’s important to make sure your trust is properly drawn up for the state you live in and if you are a “snow-bird,” the one you spend your winters in.
Resources and Contact Info